WiFi Signal is a system menu bar application that provides easy access to your Wi-Fi connection details (name, channel, transmit rate, signal strength, noise, etc.), monitors the signal quality of your wireless network, and can find and recommend alternative channels for your network thus avoiding signal overlapping and channel conflicts that can result in connectivity issues and performance degradation.
- Simple, straightforward user interface
- Accurate dBm to percentage conversion
- Real-time signal strength and noise level graph
- Signal quality ratings based on Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) measurements
- Automatic channel recommendations
- Comprehensive app’s help describes how to use the tool the most effective way
- Adds support for bold text in the status display pattern by using ** around the desired text portion, e.g. "Ch **%C**"
- Fixes an issue where the position of the status item in the system bar could not be changed.* Fixes an issue displaying a two-line status on older versions of macOS. New in Version 4.3:
- Adds support for a two-line status display pattern.
- Adds support for vendor name (%V) in status display patterns.
- Adds support for WPA3 networks.
- Adds support for annotations.
- Adds ability to notify when transmit rate drops below a given threshold.
- Fixes issues when switching between light and dark system appearances.
- Fixes Spanish localization.
- Updates vendor database and improves vendor name resolution.
- Other minor changes and UI tweaks.
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor