Tangledeep combines the 16-bit graphics and polish of classic SNES-era RPGs with elements from roguelikes and dungeon crawlers to create a magical experience for players of all skill levels. Trapped in underground villages with no memory of the world at the surface, you must survive an ever-changing labyrinth to discover what lies above. Experience rich, tactical, turn-based gameplay as you explore a sprawling dungeon that’s different each time you play. Tangledeep features a customizable job system and hundreds of collectible items that allow you to approach each playthrough in a totally new way!
For hundreds of years, people have lived in the safety of underground settlements and villages – where the only route to the surface is “Tangledeep,” a mysterious and ever-changing labyrinth. With memories of the surface world long forgotten, you set out for the labyrinth to discover what lies above. With each floor – full of magical beasts, ancient automatons, bizarre environments and hybrid biomes – the mystery grows ever deeper…
- Experience finely-tuned, procedurally-generated and handcrafted gameplay as you fight challenging monsters, complete quests, and collect rare items.
- Master deep, tactical turn-based combat across 9 unique jobs. (More to come!)
- Choose between two game modes – including Adventure Mode, which removes the pain of permadeath.
- Share some of your progress between characters by using the banking system, or planting magic trees and raising monsters in town.
- Take in the scenery – comprised of beautiful 16-bit graphics and carefully handcrafted maps!
- Relax to a beautiful soundtrack composed by award-winning composer Andrew Aversa – joined by Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana) and Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth).
- Multiple Platforms and Control Methods
- Runs on both PC and Mac, with Linux support in continuing development (already works great on several distros)
- Play with virtually any controller, and remap any control, binding, or shortcut
- Old-school keyboard-only support (numpad movement) as well as WASD preset bindings available
- Full mouse support – can even be played with ONLY the mouse!
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor