SkySafari Pro is for the obsessed kind of observer that wants it all. It has the largest database of any astronomy app on the iTunes store, and weighs in at nearly a gig. It contains over 15.3 million stars from the Hubble Guide Star catalog, plus 740,000 galaxies down to 18th magnitude, and over 550,000 solar system objects – including every comet and asteroid ever discovered. Yet it runs just as quickly and smoothly as the basic version.
- To make your observing easier, we've added ability to highlight object in an object lists or observing lists. When turned on, the sky chart draws circles around all objects in a list, and displays an icon which lets you quickly return to that list.
- Reorganized the Solar System settings to include a new Orbit & Path display. You can now show a single planet's orbit or path.
- Tapping Orbit button returns you to default distance from the object you're orbiting if you're already in orbit around it (instead of just doing nothing.)
- Database fixes: corrected right ascension for Hipparcos stars without high-precision positions (UY Draconis, for example.) Fixed failures to find many variable stars like RY Aqr. Removed extra Propus label from Iota Geminorum.
- Added Jupiter's Moon events and Red Spot transits to Object Info for Jupiter. Fixed bug displaying erroneously-cached solar system object info.
- Fixes for drawing comet tails.
- Implemented Recal command (:CMR#) instead of Sync (:CM#) for AstroPhysics GTO mounts. Added Orion StarSeeker telescope type.
Intel, OS X 10.6 or later