PopChar X is the right tool to help you get the most out of all the fonts on your Mac.
Most of your fonts contain thousands of characters, many more than you can access from the keyboard. PopChar makes “typing” of unusual characters easy without having to remember keyboard combinations.
Whenever you need a special character, PopChar is there to help. Click the “P” in the menu bar to display a table of characters. Select the desired character and it instantly appears in your document.
PopChar works with all modern applications that support Unicode. It makes it easy to navigate and search within fonts that contain thousands of characters. Search for characters by their names, find fonts that contain certain characters, explore the character set of fonts, collect your favorite characters, insert HTML symbols. PopChar makes all these font-related tasks easy.
You can even look at fonts from a designer’s perspective see a font preview, check out what a given text fragment looks like in a certain font, and print beautiful font sheets.
- Inserts special characters right into your document.
- Full Unicode support
- Search for characters
- Custom favorites section
- Magnifier tool
- Work across font boundaries
- Reverse search for fonts that contain a particular character
- Recent characters view
- Font preview
- View and print font sheets
- The command-F keyboard shortcut enters the search field.
- It is now possible to immediately start a search by typing the search string when the cursor is in PopChar's character table.
- New context menu command "Copy Character Description" copies a brief summary of the selected Unicode character to the clipboard.
- New context menu item "Copy Font List" for copying the list of font names to the clipboard.
- Support for Unicode 6.2.
- New font matching technique reliably finds fonts for font family names.
- The PopChar window opens when PopChar is launched manually by double-clicking the PopChar icon in the Finder.
- Improved appearance of the group pop-up button, in particular on retina displays.
- Solves a problem where some fonts could not be detected in certain applications (such as MS Word).
- Double-clicking the PopChar icon in the Finder no longer closes the PopChar window when it is already open.
- Fixes a scrolling issue when PopChar was launched manually with a double-click.
- Avoids blinking characters when the PopChar window was opened for the first time.
- Works around flickering window on Mountain Lion.
Intel/PPC, OS X 10.5.8 or later