NewsBar is built with a fresh concept: news feeds delivered with a smooth animation, right to your desktop. All of your RSS feeds continuously appear on the selected side of your display, or in a regular window.
NewsBar is like having your own, personal news agency. You don’t have to waste your time checking webpages – NewsBar will show you what’s going on.
No delays, no waiting: stories appear right on your display, just as they are published. You can easily Read, Follow, Mark, Filter, and Search news from your favorite feeds. Stories are read directly from RSS sources without delay, with the ability to check for new items as often as every minute.
“If you’re looking for something a bit different in your RSS reader, I really recommend giving NewsBar a try, it’s a surprisingly powerful and enjoyable little app.” – Mac Appstorm
- News without delay.
- High speed, efficient RSS engine.
- Smooth animation on news arrival.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Mac desktop integration with adjustable opacity.
- Add new feeds and feed icons with Drag and Drop.
- Multiple feed sources.
- Single click opens RSS content in a popup window.
- Double click opens news in your browser.
- Auto hide read items.
- Mark & share news.
- OS X Notification Center support.
- News can be highlighted and filtered by keywords.
- Keyword detection alerts using audible and visible cues.
- Customizable interface (colors, fonts, size, gradient, opacity).
- Assign custom icon for each feed.
- RSS 2.0, ATOM support.
- Twitter RSS feed support.
- Customizable individual feed settings.
- Sync feed list with your Google Reader account (optional).
- OPML export and import.
- Quick text search in all feeds.
- Star news for later reading.
- Multiple display/desktop and Spaces support.
- Menubar mode (App icon can be removed from dock).
- Very low CPU and memory usage.
- Designed for OS X 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
☆ Organize feeds to user defined folders and tabs
☆ Keyboard navigation and shortcut keys
☆ Improved sync with Google reader
☆ New context menu functions
☆ Rewritten 64 bit RSS engine
☆ 3.0 version bug fixes
Intel, Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later