MPlayerX is an alternative media player powered by ffmpeg and mplayer.
“Well, I was really tired of Mplayer OS X. It runs OK but, it looks like a ninety year old man.”
And also, the new technology Apple prevailed, such as Core Animation, Grand-Central Dispatch, even OpenCL, pushed me to give them a try.
So I started without even knowing how to program under Mac, came to know Xcode, Objective-C 2.0, Cocoa and the Core family.
It is still in such a primary status, I will keep on enhance and figure out how to do this and how to do that.
Now it could do:
- Multi-Screen Fullscreen support.
- Apple Remote support.
- Multi-Touch support.
- Automatic find next proper file to play.
- Auto detect the encode method of subtitle file (with Universal Charset Detector).
- Multi-Threaded ffmpeg support.
- Change subtitle size while playing(except VOBSub)
- Remember last played time and resume playing.
- Hardware Accelerated Video Decoding boosted.
- New: scripting support added, which means Flutter.app-ready now.
- Fix: three fingers swiping stopped working.
- Fix: in some mp3 and m4a files with album art, time/seek stopped working.
- Fix: when paused, display dimmed and Mac falls to sleep.
- Fix: video is wrongly decoded in some RealMedia files.
- Fix: the remaining time is wrong when playback speed is not 1x.
- Fix: the position of the play control always reset when app exits.