EazyDraw is a vector drawing application. For the full journey from Jaguar to El Capitan, EazyDraw has been the trail-blazing app for the new vector-drawing paradigm on the Mac.
EazyDraw provides a balanced feature set that includes tools needed for technical drawing, Web and app graphic design, print publishing, logos, page — text layout and more. Easy enough for everyone, but with the depth your project will need.
Includes comprehensive support for bitmap and vector graphic formats. Import and ungroup for editing PDF and EPS. Import and export SVG and now DXF. Preview and publish to EPS and TIFF with RGB or CMYK process colors. Exchange scaled CAD drawings with DXF. Publish Web graphics. Create Mac, iPhone, and iPad app-development graphics and icons.
- Corrected problem with Menu Keys used with a user installed Library Menu. Shortcut keys applied to custom library menus were attaching to elements in adjacent library menus. Hard to explain, but fixed now. A user created library may be added to the Libraries menu and short cut keys may be assigned to user graphics using the Menu Keys feature.
- Corrected problem exporting drop shadows on Mojave and Catalina. PNG, TIF, and JPG exports had the drop shadow direction flipped up vs down. PDF exports were sometimes dropping shadows. All is working properly again.
- Corrected possible problem exporting raster graphics with a solid background, on Mojave, and Catalina. Occasionally these exports would have a visible one pixel colored border on an edge or two. Most noticeably exporting a white background JPG might have dark lines on a couple of edges. These arise from the anti aliasing algorithm and how the edge colors are handled mathematically. EazyDraw now overtly paints a one pixel border of the solid background color around all exported bitmap (raster) images. If content at export is Graphics Only or Selected Graphics the one pixel border is added to the graphic. If content at export is Full Drawing Area, the border is still painted but no pixels are added. Of course this is all avoided properly under user control by exporting PNG with no background; if a colored background is needed then the user should draw the background with a filled rectangle properly positioned a few pixels interior to the edges and then anti-aliasing will have room to work.
- Short version: Corrected a few reported issues with SVG import. As the use of SVG is expanding we see more SVG content that is technically outside the documented specification but is interpreted by Safari. This specification drift is probably inevitable and we will continue to use Safari as our gold standard. Issues recently addressed generate warnings for proprietary attributes when analyzed and cleaned with BBEdit xml utilities. Please report any issues encountered with SVG import or export, thanks.
- Corrected problem reordering parameter fields on mini palettes, using drag and drop. The parameter field was dropping to a rather random new position, when dropped. Reorder by drag and drop now works properly.
- Fixed issues when opening EazyDraw Binary files saved with EazyDraw pre-version 8 with text in some non-english languages, Swedish, Spanish, and Japanese especially. These files are now opened and updated to current archive standards seamlessly.
- Corrected problem when using the Scale Worksheet panel. Setting the scale via this panel could later cause a problem with the Save or Save As browsing panel. EazyDraw would hang when trying to present the Save Browse panel. This is now fixed..
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor