CotEditor is an open-sourced, Cocoa-based plain-text editor for macOS. It supports syntax highlighting, has a powerful find-and-replace with the regular expression, and other small goodies for coding. It can handle also CJK languages well.
Version 4.0.0 beta 3:
- Add new AppleScript/JXA commands
straighten quotes, and
- Add syntax styles for Pascal (Thanks to Beck Christian!) and VHDL.
- On sorting lines by pattern, evaluate numbers more intelligently when the “treat numbers as numeric value” option is enabled.
- Avoid discarding the current input when a new item is added while another item is in editing in the syntax style editor.
- Put only the filename rather than the absolute path for the relative path insertion (
<<<RELATIVE-PATH>>>) when the document file itself is dropped into the editor.
- Optimize the performance of invisible character drawing, especially with very-long unwrapped lines.
- Update Python syntax style.
- [beta] Horizontally center the contents of the preferences panes (Thanks to zom-san!).
- [beta] Update some toolbar icons.
- [beta][trivial] Update the style of the add/remove buttons.
- [beta][dev] Update the build environment to Xcode 12.2 beta 3.
- [beta] Fix an issue in the CotEditor scripting with UNIX scripts that the standard error output was not displayed on the console.
- [beta] Fix an issue in the CotEditor scripting with UNIX scripts that the output was occasionally not applied.
- [beta] Fix the multiple replacement panel layout on macOS 10.15.
- Checkmarks are not applied to the corresponding items in the menus for the collapsed toolbar items.
- [Big Sur] Syntax highlight for the regular expression disappears when the text field becomes in editing (FB8719584).
- [Big Sur] Screenshots in the help contents are not updated yet.
- [Big Sur] Document icons are not updated yet for Big Sur style.
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor