BBEdit is the leading professional HTML and text editor for the Mac. Specifically crafted in response to the needs of Web authors and software developers, this award-winning product provides a plethora of features for editing, searching, and manipulation of text. BBEdit transforms text with high performance.
An intelligent interface provides easy access to BBEdit’s best of class features including grep pattern matching, search and replace across multiple files, function navigation and syntax coloring for numerous source code languages, FTP and SFTP open and save, AppleScript, Perl and Mac OS X Unix scripting support, glossary support, and a complete set of HTML tools.
- This release consists entirely of fixes for reported issues, and contains no new features, nor changes to existing features.
- Fixed crash which would occur after using the "Other..." menu item to choose an alternate file in the Markup Builder panel, then cancelling the file dialog, and then immediately dismissing the markup panel. On a Thursday.
- Made scrollbar activation in list views track the user-focus state of the host window, which cures an assortment of ills.
- Adjusted examples in the expert prefs help to reflect current text antialiasing defaults.
- Fixed crash which would occur when trying to manipulate the Text Options popup in a window that was displaying the "No Editor" placeholder.
- Fixed bug in which Perl variables would mess up folding.
- Fixed a bug in which the Markers floater wouldn't navigate; and the Functions floater wouldn't navigate when selecting items from a filtered list.
- Worked around bug in the xcrun tool on 10.7.x which would cause the command-line tool install to fail on systems which did not have Xcode installed. (The tool is part of the default OS install, but has a bug in which it writes nonsense to stdout when asked to find a command.) [NB: this does not apply to versions purchased through the Mac App Store.]
- Fixed bug in which choosing "Install Command Line Tools" would attempt to reinstall the tools, even if they were already present and up to date. [NB: this does not apply to versions purchased through the Mac App Store.]
- FIXED BUG IN WHICH KEYBOARD EQUIVALENTS IN MODAL DIALOGS DIDNT WORK WHEN THE CAPS LOCK KEY WAS ENGAGED OK
- Fixed bug in which PHP variables that occupied an entire PI (e.g. ?=$VariableName?) would throw off syntax coloring in the rest of the file.
- Fixed bug in which URLs with percent escapes for encoding character values were not always correctly understood to be encoded, which would trigger an incorrect "this URL needs to be encoded" error when checking markup syntax.
- Fixed bug in which #! lines were not properly parsed in scripts or filters in which there was space between the #! and the command path.
- Fixed bug in which Markup -> Block Elements -> H1 through H6 didn't apply the correct heading level.
- Fixed bug in which the application would crash at startup in situations where the "Universal Items" clipping folder couldn't be created because the permissions in the Clippings folder didn't allow it; or the "Universal Items" folder was an alias or symlink (neither of which is supported). The new behavior is to suppress the clippings system entirely.
- Fixed crash which would occur when confirming the Markup Builder panel in some circumstances (usually before it had figured out which end was up).
- Fixed bug in which scrolling list controls didn't work correctly in legacy dialog boxes (such as the CSS dialog for inserting properties in response to the "Edit Markup" command).
- Fixed bug in which navigating through folders in an FTP/SFTP browser window would lead to strange event-handling behavior, usually manifesting as unpredictable lag in keyboard and mouse input. Thanks to Matthew Fischer and Dave Grenier for their assistance in isolating this issue.
- Corrected line spacing when printing text documents.
- Fixed -30871 error when attempting to print a subrange of pages.
- Fixed bug in which palettes backed by folders on disk (e.g. Scripts, Text Filters) would refresh with inappropriate content when an unrelated support folder had an item added or removed.
- Fixed bug in the scripting interface in which whose clause tests for text objects ending with a requested string would fail.
- Fixed glitched name in FTP/SFTP delete confirmation sheet.
- Made text view scrollbars work when focus is elsewhere in the window (like in the Live Search box).
- Fixed bug in which attributes couldn't be removed from existing markup by using the Markup Builder panel.
- Fixed bug in which named entity decoding was inappropriately case-insensitive, and hex entity decoding was inappropriately case-sensitive.
- Default CSS property values inserted by "Edit Markup" are now selected, as they were in days of yore.
- Fixed bug in which leading and trailing whitespace were not correctly trimmed from patterns used in codeless language modules.
- Fixed bug in which clippings saved into the Clippings subfolders did not immediately appear in the Clippings floater or on the menu as they should have.
- Fixed bug in which the Subversion progress dialog always showed "Subversion Progress" instead of the name of the actual operation being performed.
- Icons for "Open File by Name" results are no longer prefetched, and are now loaded as needed when an item is actually drawn. This improves overall performance when there are more than a few results.
- Corrected contact address and administrative credits.
Intel, Mac OS X 10.6 or later