PowerTunes allows iTunes users to create multiple libraries, organize their music among multiple music folders, and share music and libraries between multiple users on a machine.
In addition to simply creating and keeping track of your libraries, PowerTunes also offers many additional features to help organize your music. Users can copy music back and forth between their libraries while maintaining all their ratings, play counts, and other information stored in iTunes. This allows libraries to be split up into smaller ones, or merged together into larger ones.
PowerTunes also offers a one-step solution for sharing iTunes libraries and music among multiple user accounts on a machine, allows users to fix dead tracks whose files have gone missing, finds orphaned music files in their music folders, and much more.
- Using the "Delete Library" command (by option-clicking "Remove Library") now properly moves the library to the trash
- Made several display tweaks in the Help Viewer docs
- Newly created libraries now have a .itl extension, to match iTunes 11's behavior
- Improved refreshing the track list when viewing a library being accessed over file sharing
- Fixed a crash that could occur when dragging large numbers of tracks to be copied to another library
- Improved updating a library's path after iTunes 11 appends a .itl extension to the name upon upgrading it
- Added a workaround for a bug in OS X 10.8.2 that would cause iTunes not to respond to commands sent by PowerTunes
- OS X 10.5.8 or later
- iTunes 10.0 or later